- Quality Control of Pesticides and Registration of Pesticides Distributors
Quality Control of Pesticides and Registration of Pesticides Distributors
- Pesticides sampling is a regular phenomenon of this Directorate General to check the adulteration in pesticides.
- To ensure the quality of pesticides, each pesticides inspector will regularly conduct intelligence based raids and draw samples from the stores/ warehouses/ shops of vendor, dealers, distributors & importers and send these to the Provincial and Federal Pesticides testing laboratories and on the receipt of negative result, legal action would be taken against the concerned person/ agency in line with Agriculture Pesticide Ordinance 1971 amended up to 2012.
Registration of Pesticides Distributors
- Pesticides Distributor/Firm should got Distribution Licens for distribution of Agriculture Pesticides in Punjab by the Directorate General Pest Warning according to APO 1971 amended as 2012 & Pesticides Rules 1973.
- Applications for Fresh/renewal registration of Distributors/Firms should be submitted during the period Ist November to 31st May in the office Directorate General Pest Warning & Quality Control of Pesticides 21, Davis Road Lahore.
- A penalty @ Rs.5000/- per month will be charged for the renewal cases submitted after the date of expiry of registration in addition to normal renewal fee. As per Govt. Notification fresh/renewal cases will be received by the Department during the period Ist November to 31st May. Thereafter (Ist June to 31st October) the fresh/renewal cases may be processed by the Agriculture Department on deposit of penalty @Rs.1000/- per day for fresh and @ Rs.500/- per day for renewal cases.