Directorate General of Pest Warning & Quality Control of Pesticides are performing the following functions:
- Pest Management/Pest Scouting/ Pest Surveys of Crops, Vegetables, Orchards etc.
- Development of pest forecast models through ICT interventions.
- Capacity building of farmers and Extension Workers by imparting technical training.
- Monitoring of Pesticides business by 176 Pesticide Inspectors under Agricultural Pesticides Ordinance, 1971 (amended in 2012) and Punjab Pesticide Rules, 2018.
- Registration of Pesticides Distributors and inspection of their infrastructures and operations.
- Registration and training of pesticide dealers on safe handling of pesticides.
- Screening/ Standardization of Pesticides for registration.
- Research trials to resolve farmers' burning pest problems.